Former Detroit Lion, Chicago Bear and Iowa Hawkeye Defensive Lineman Mike Wells shares the recruiting story of his son Logan who has signed with the Air Force Academy. This is truly a recruiting story of finding your true fit, which is hard. Mike says it clearly that finding where you’re supposed to be is tough but worth it.
There are several points that are important to take away from this story.
- Learn more about the types of schools that your ACT scores can take you to.
- This Prep Scholar site has been a pretty good resource for information about grades and ACT comparisons.
- Different schools have different entrance requirements. Mike mentioned a time where Logan asked the recruiter from an Ivy League school about chances of getting in with out football. The response was “If you couldn’t rush the passer we are not having this conversation”. To clarify, what he was saying is you need something more than just good grades to get into the most competitive schools.
- When you attend a camp on campus or a showcase understand that eyes are everywhere and they are evaluating you the second you show up.
- Parents don’t be shy about sharing information about your kid with perspective schools. Like mike mentioned several times his wife sent out about 1k messages before all said and done.
I hope you enjoy Mikes story and heed his warnings.
Find out more about JC Moreau and the Strength U
Beginning and end music by The Original Chu, Where I’m Supposed To Be
Follow us on twitter @hofteetsports and on facebook